- 2 lbs. pork, diced (I used boneless pork ribs)
- 1 c. onion, chopped
- 14 oz. chicken broth
- 1½ tsp. garlic powder
- 2 ½ Tbsp. chicken stock
- 1 tsp. celery salt
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- ½ tsp. oregano
- 1 Tbsp. cumin
- ½ Tbsp. jalapeno
- 4 Tbsp. chopped cilantro
- ½ Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 Tbsp. green Tabasco sauce
- 10 oz. green enchilada sauce
- 27 oz. canned green chiles, chopped or diced
- 8 oz. canned green chiles, pureed
- 1-2 cans white beans, drained and rinsed (optional)
- ½ tsp. salt
- Brown pork and drain. Add onion & chicken broth (will not cover meat). Simmer 1 hour, stirring often. Combine garlic powder, chicken stock, celery salt, cornstarch, oregano, cumin, jalapeno, cilantro, chili powder, and green Tabasco sauce. Simmer 1 hour stirring often to avoid sticking.
- Add green enchilada sauce and stir. Simmer ½ hour. Add chopped green chiles and cook for 15 minutes. Add pureed green chiles, white beans and salt to taste (about ½ tsp).
- Serve with cheese, sour cream, chips and/or flour tortillas.
- SLOW COOKER INSTRUCTIONS: Brown pork and drain. Saute onion and add to slow cooker with meat. Add chicken broth and cook on low heat for 3 hours. Add remaining ingredients and cook additional 2 hours on low heat.