Tartar SauceThe flavor was good, but I didn't get to try out the "aged" version, so that may have been better. The quantity was good, too, we won't have to throw out a whole bunch at the end of the night.
- 1 1/4 cups mayonnaise or 1 1/4 cups Miracle Whip
- 1 medium dill pickle (or 1/4 cup dill relish)
- 2 sprigs parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried onion flakes (or fresh)
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Mix all together in the food processor and pulse for about 10 seconds until finely chopped, but not smooth.
- Best if refrigerated for an hour before use.
- Note: Can be made without the food processor, using dill relish or finely minced pickle.
- Lasts quite a while in the refrigerator.
Sunday, January 25, 2015
The restaurant is closing down for two weeks after tonight, and we had run out of our lemon-caper mayonnaise, which we normally serve with crab cakes. I found a recipe for what appeared to be a quick and easy Tartar Sauce, that we could whip together with available ingredients, just in case customers wanted something other that cocktail sauce.