One-Pot Creamy Beef StroganoffThis dish was easier to make than it was to purchase ingredients for! Because it's mainly for Tom, I only got one package of mushrooms, I could only find 12 ounce packages of egg noodles, and who the hell makes flavored sour cream? They certainly don't sell it at my supermarket! I ended up using an 8 ounce package of chive and onion cream cheese. Besides being a little bland, I think it turned out well. I will definitely add more salt when I eat the leftovers, and maybe look into other recipes to see what other seasoning are typical for this type of dish.
- 1 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 2 packages (8 oz each) sliced button mushrooms
- 1 can (12 oz) evaporated milk
- 1 lb uncooked medium egg noodles
- 1 container (12 oz) chive and onion sour cream
- In nonstick 5-quart Dutch oven, cook beef over high heat, stirring frequently, until brown. Do not drain.
- Add mushrooms and salt to taste. Cook about 5 minutes or until browned.
- Add evaporated milk, 4 1/2 cups hot water and the noodles. Noodles will not be completely covered at first. Heat to boiling over high heat. Reduce heat; simmer uncovered 7 to 8 minutes, stirring frequently, just until noodles are tender. Remove from heat; stir in sour cream.