Tuesday, December 2, 2008

An Empty Nest

This is an old post from my old blog. I intend to transfer them all over to this one.

Wow! What a holiday week! I'm very sad to see everyone go, since I don't see anyone on a regular basis (except Tom, of course). Last Friday, I started my Thanksgiving Week Family Extravaganza. Mom and Dad flew in from Utah, and I fixed them dinner that evening. On Sunday, while I was at the Ravens-Eagles game, Wanda and her family arrived. Wednesday, all of us except Tom (he had to work), drove up to Greensburg, Pennsylvania to visit Aunt Ethel and Uncle Lyle. We were also joined by our cousin Debbie, her daughter, Cathy, Cathy's fiance, Marty, and their Japanese exchange student Ai-Yu (pronounced I-U, I've probably spelled it wrong). Thursday, Donnie drove up from Virginia, and for dinner we were joined by Nathan and Bridget (Tom's son and his girlfriend). Saturday, Wanda and her family left, and shortly afterwards, Donnie left for home. Then, on Sunday, Mom, Dad, and I went down to Virginia to see Donnie's apartment. We ate lunch at Mai Thai in Old Town in Alexandria, and visited the Newseum in Washington, DC. After watching the Steelers-Patriots game at Donnie's place, we left and stopped at our cousin Duane's in Columbia, Maryland. We visited with Duane, Teresa, and their younger daughter, Kimi, for a while, then went home. I had to return to a normal work schedule on Monday, and on Tuesday (today), Mom and Dad left. It was so nice to see everyone, and I feel guilty for not seeing some of the family that are so close more often. Maybe I'll make it a New Year's Resolution to get out and visit family more often.

No comments: