Tuesday, September 29, 2009

A Change of Plans

Tonight, I had intended to participate in a pep band gig for the OJ Brigance fundraiser. Unfortunately, Sunday afternoon around half-time, one of the band's long time members passed away. Monday night, I found out that our gig was cancelled. Today, I found out that it was so that band members could attend the viewing. So, I left work early, ran to the grocery store to pick up a small flower arrangement, went home to change my clothes, and rushed to the funeral home in Perry Hall. I made it there right at 5, at the very end of the Tuesday 3-5 viewing. Even though I didn't know JR very well, I'm glad that I went to show my respect. He was a very dedicated member of the band and it won't be the same without him.
On my way home, I stopped at JoAnn's and picked up some yo-yo makers.


I had no idea that they came in so many sizes, too bad they aren't packaged as a variety pack. I also thought that they were made of wood and consisted of a base, a stand, and whatever the yo-yo would be made on. Boy, was I wrong. For the OrnaBella Ornament Swap, I've switched around my initial idea of making beaded crowns, to making yo-yo bells, and these should definitely come in handy!
Then, this evening, after a server meeting at the Tidewater, I went downstairs to try to tidy up my craft area. It has turned into a hot mess since last December, and by posting this "after" picture, I hope to embarrass myself enough to get busy cleaning up that area.


Feel free to compare it to the "before" picture posted here. After this picture was taken, I started the job, and baby steps were taken. I just need to make the time for it.

No comments: