Jalapeno Popper Deviled EggsThese turned out well, but not as spicy as I'd hoped. If I try these again, I'll use the pickled jalapenos, which are a little spicier.
- 6 hard boiled eggs, peeled
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise or Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons cream cheese, whipped
- 3 tablespoons cheddar, shredded finely
- 1/4 cup jalapenos (pickled, fresh or roasted), diced finely
- 1/4 cup bacon, cooked and crumbled finely
- 6 tablespoons cheddar, shredded finely
- Cut the eggs in half, scoop the yolks out, mash the yolks and mix with the mayonnaise, cream cheese, cheddar, jalapenos and bacon and place a tablespoon of the mixture back into the holes left by the yolks in the eggs.
- Sprinkle on remaining cheddar, place on a baking sheet and broil until the cheese has melted.