Peppermint BlossomsI was quite surprised to see that the Kisses were melting, so I would advise to ammend the directions in one of these ways:
- 1 roll (30 oz) Pillsbury™ refrigerated peppermint cookies
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 72 Hershey®’s Kisses® Brand candy cane flavored candies, unwrapped
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- In bowl, break up cookie dough. Stir or knead in 1/2 cup all-purpose flour until well blended. Shape dough into 72 (1-inch) balls. Roll balls in sugar in shallow bowl. On ungreased cookie sheets, place balls 2 inches apart. Bake 10 to 14 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- After removing from oven, immediately top each cookie with 1 candy, pressing down firmly so cookie cracks around edge. Remove from cookie sheets to cooling racks. Cool completely before storing.
- Allow the cookies to cool a little before inserting Kisses
- Use refrigerated, or even frozen, Kisses, to help them keep their shape
- Refrigerate immediately after inserting Kisses