Sunday, December 14, 2014

Chocolate Eclair Cake

In order to make tomorrow night's possible cooking extravaganza go easier, I was able to make the Chocolate Eclair Cake tonight.

Chocolate Eclair Cake

Ingredients
  • 3 cups milk
  • 1 16-oz box graham crackers
  • 2 4-oz boxes Instant vanilla pudding
  • 1 8-oz container Cool Whip
  • 1 can fudge frosting
Directions
  1. Mix pudding with milk, fold in Cool Whip.
  2. Layer 9x13 pan with layer of golden grahams, pour in half of pudding mixture, layer of crackers, rest of pudding mixture, layer of crackers.
  3. Melt frosting 30 seconds in microwave and pour over cake.
  4. Refrigerate for about 3 hours before serving.
When I attended Tonya's bridal shower, I tried this cake. Having been a fan of eclairs for as long as I can remember, I thought it was heavenly! Part of the shower was bringing recipes, and as luck would have it, Aunt Diane brought her recipe for this cake - so I "stole" a copy.
Unfortunately, I made a pretty big mistake. I think the problem was that the pudding was "Cook and Serve," and not "Instant." The pudding/milk/Cool Whip mixture was pretty liquidy. Otherwise, it tasted pretty good.

No comments: