Chocolate Eclair CakeWhen I attended Tonya's bridal shower, I tried this cake. Having been a fan of eclairs for as long as I can remember, I thought it was heavenly! Part of the shower was bringing recipes, and as luck would have it, Aunt Diane brought her recipe for this cake - so I "stole" a copy.
- 3 cups milk
- 1 16-oz box graham crackers
- 2 4-oz boxes Instant vanilla pudding
- 1 8-oz container Cool Whip
- 1 can fudge frosting
- Mix pudding with milk, fold in Cool Whip.
- Layer 9x13 pan with layer of golden grahams, pour in half of pudding mixture, layer of crackers, rest of pudding mixture, layer of crackers.
- Melt frosting 30 seconds in microwave and pour over cake.
- Refrigerate for about 3 hours before serving.
Unfortunately, I made a pretty big mistake. I think the problem was that the pudding was "Cook and Serve," and not "Instant." The pudding/milk/Cool Whip mixture was pretty liquidy. Otherwise, it tasted pretty good.