Red Velvet Oreo Truffle Chocolate Cake
- 1 box Duncan Hines Red Velvet Cake Mix
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1/3 cup oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 3.4 oz package Jell-O Instant Pudding (White Chocolate)
- 1 package Oreo cookies
- 1 8-ounce package cream cheese
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (extra for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease sides and bottom of pans.
- Blend together cake mix, oil, water, eggs, sour cream, and pudding mix. Beat at low speed (for 30 seconds).
- Bake for 30-35 minutes (or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean). Baking time may vary based on size of pan.
- Crush Oreo cookies (best with food processor) and stir in cream cheese until fully blended. This will be a very thick "filling".
- After cake has cooled, spread Oreo filling between layers as you stack. Again, it's very thick so you might have to use your hands to help spread it onto cake.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt together butter, sugar, and evaporated milk.
- Bring to a rolling boil for 1 minute and stir in chocolate chips.
- Remove from heat and pour over cake (fudge sets up quickly) and garnish with chocolate chips!
It was delicious, but very rich! While the cake cooled overnight, I tried to make the middle layer easy to work with by putting it in a cake pan and pressing it out, rather than doing it on the cake, where I surely would have messed it up. I think it turned out to be a good idea, but perhaps some wax paper in the bottom of the pan would have helped it be an excellent idea.