Friday, January 9, 2009

Purple Friday and ATCs

Wow, what a day! Today, I participated in Purple Friday with the Pep Band. It was an early, action packed day. First, we had to report to the stadium at 6 am. I can't believe I got up on time to make it. After boarding the bus - the cheerleaders, Playmakers, and Poe were there, too - we made several stops. We started out at Miss Shirley's Cafe on Pratt Street, in the Constellation Energy building. We then made out way to the Verizon store on Fleet Street, to the Smythe Jewelers in the Annapolis Towne Center, and then to the Greene Turtle on York Road in Towson. The pep band played outside each of these establishments, while the cheerleaders, Playmakers, and Poe were inside, giving stuff away, signing autographs, and doing general media/marketing stuff. We then returned to the stadium, where the second shift of people got together to go out for the evening. I can't wait to see some of the pictures that were taken, and you can read the blog that was being compiled on the bus after every stop here.
When I returned home from Purple Friday, I found ATCs in the mailbox from Karlyn C for the Recycled Christmas Card ATC Swap. Very cute!

Recycled Christmas Card ATCs from Karlyn C

For the rest of the evening, I prepared to send out my package for the Romancing the Charm Swap. I mounted the charms on the cards I'd put together, and packaged them. I plan to send the box out on Monday.

Charms for the Romancing the Charm Swap

1 comment:

Jeanne said...

Love your ATCs! Especially the 4 Elements. Love your Blog! Wishing you all the Best for 2009!