Chicken Broccoli DivanOnce again, Tom said it was the best thing he'd ever eaten. Personally, I wonder how sincere he is when he says that, but it pleases me to no end that he actually enjoys some of the food that I'm cooking. His only comment was that when we make it again, and it'll probably be next week, he'd like to have twice the amount of sauce. We paired the dish with rice, and he would have liked to have more sauce to use as a gravy for his rice.
- 4 cups cooked (about 1 pound raw) broccoli florets, drained
- 2 cooked chicken breast (about 2 cups), chopped up
- 1 (10¾-ounce) can reduced-fat condensed cream of chicken soup
- ½ cup skim milk
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ cup shredded, reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese
- Cherry tomatoes for garnish
- Heat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a 2-quart shallow baking dish, arrange the broccoli and chicken pieces. In a small bowl, mix soup, milk and pepper and pour over broccoli and chicken. Sprinkle cheese all over.
- Bake 15 minutes or until hot.
- Garnish with cherry tomatoes.
Sunday, September 9, 2012
Chicken Broccoli Divan
Last week, I discovered this recipe in the Food section of the Baltimore Sun (yes, Wanda, I actually read part of a newspaper). It was one of those articles where someone is looking for a recipe that they'd seen in the past and didn't keep it or lost it.