Thursday, September 13, 2012

Luau Baked Beans

This is one of the four items I decided to bring for the End-of-Summer Luau at Huber.

LUAU BAKED BEANS

  • 4 c. canned pork and beans
  • 1 1/4 c. crushed pineapple
  • 3/4 c. chili sauce
  • 1/4 c. molasses
  • 1/2 c. onions, chopped
  • 1/4 lb. bacon, diced
  • 2 tbsp. prepared mustard
Fry bacon and remove from pan. Lightly fry onions. Mix all ingredients in baking dish and crumble bacon on top. Cover and bake for 45 minutes in 350 degree oven. Uncover for last 30 minutes of baking.
It was pretty spicy - I used Sriracha for the chili sauce (but I did back it off to 1/4 c.). I think if I would have used another hot sauce, or maybe a Sweet Thai Chili Sauce, it wouldn't have been as spicy. People did enjoy it, though, so maybe I did okay.

No comments: