I thought it'd be fun to participate, so I made this recipe that I found on the website.
Hobbit Seed CakeWell, this cake was a bit dry (maybe because I let it sit out overnight, uncovered?), but the flavor was really good. It was sweet and orange-y, with just a hint of the caraway.
- 250g Plain Flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 150g soft butter
- 150g caster sugar
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1½ tbsp caraway seeds
- 3 large eggs
- 1½ tbsp orange zest
- Turn the oven on to 180C / 350F
- Grease and line with greaseproof paper a 1LB loaf tin
- In a bowl sift together the flour, baking powder and salt
- In a separate mixing bowl, add the sugar and butter (soft) and cream together until they are a pale colour. Add in the eggs one at a time and add in the vanilla extract and orange zest ensuring it is mixed thoroughly
- Add in the dry ingredients a bit at a time and alternate adding in the milk until all the ingredients are added.
- Gently stir in the caraway seeds
- Using a spatula, spoon the mixture into the greased 1LB loaf tin and bake for 50 minutes or until cooked
- Once ready remove from the oven and leave in the tin for a further 10 minutes. Remove and place on a wire rack to cool
- Serve in slices and if desired spread with butter